Case prep on annealed cases

Fred Ea

I am new at case annealing, so I have some questions if someone can share some wisdom. I reload all of my rifle cartridges and have had no special problems until I built a 7stw, the case necks split after 2 or 3 loadings. Someone told me to start annealing the cases and they will last longer. I have some new brass that the case necks need prepped, should I prep them before or after annealing the cases. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Fred

Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong, I was under the impression that all new brass came annealled from the factory.

Only after a few firings should you have to anneal it.

The cases I have appear to not be annealed, there is no discoloration on the shoulder and neck, but I am pretty ignorant on this subject.
FE

New cases will have bean annealed after original forming. Most domestic brass will have bean polished immediately after and will not show discoloration. Annealing should not be necessary on new brass............... prep em, shoot em,anneal em and then do all you subsequent prep after annealing. Stress relieving the brass relaxes it so anneal before resizing. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.