case neck run out on 338whisper

bigrich954rr

Ok im necking up 7mm BR brass for my whisper. All case are brand new cleaned and weight matched. i necked up and sizing with the die locked tight in the press. Got .10 run out. then tried with it loose in the press got around
.05 now i push it half way in lift up on the press turn the case 180 and finish the sizing. but im still at .03-.04 run out. What im i missing or should i not worry. Just wait till there fired in the Gun Which should take care of the run out for the next loading right.

I dont see why not but it will be hell to find the info on the subsonic loads. You could use the loads for the 338 and just keep playing with it to you find the one you like. I just started playing with the big subsonic rounds. I will be leaving for work for a little while soon. So it will take a little time till i can post the info i get with this round.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.