Carbonman........

goodgrouper

You wouldn't by chance have recieved a 7mm barrel from Mike Rock this week have you?

7mmrhb was told it was shipping out 9 days ago. Hope the UPS guys haven't run for the border with some high grade steel.

GG,
I talked with James this morning and found out that barrel went into the scrap bin after final inspection. They are having some issues with the 7mm rifling head. The hook advance on the 7mm machine is causing some cosmetic flaws in the grooves. I would gladly have put the barrel on a personal project rifle, however, Rock wouldn't let it out of the shop. Rock and James are both working on the issues as we speak. If they can't get that machine back running this week, I'm told they will move the process to another rifler.
UPS isn't responsible for this delay, just the gremlins that live and play in machine tools.
Mike

Mike, thats disapointing news, but I guess I have no choice but to be patient for a while longer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (not your fault)

7mmRHB

I've got 9 more 7mm projects in the works here waiting on blanks. I'm trying to be patient too. There were 12, however, I went with 2 Lawton blanks and a Kreiger for those that weren't locked on the 5R profile. I'm personally unwilling to own anything but the 5R Rock.

Carbonman, I'm set on the 5R from Rock so i'll gut it out with the other eight! I'm guessing I'm next in line? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks Mike, and please keep me up to date if you can.
---7mmRHB

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing I'm next in line? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks Mike, and please keep me up to date if you can.
---7mmRHB

[/ QUOTE ]

You are next on the list! The Ti brake is already waiting for the rest of the parts.

I'll keep you advised.

Mike ,what paints and process do you recomend for painting a carbon fiber stock? (My next project) Any advise will be appreciated.---7mmRHB

"I'm personaly unwilling to own anything but the 5R Rock"

Thats a pretty bolt statment , compaired to Kreiger and anyother cut rifled barrel in your oppinion their that good? or is their another reason you only settle for the Rock barrels

[ QUOTE ]
Mike ,what paints and process do you recomend for painting a carbon fiber stock? (My next project) Any advise will be appreciated.---7mmRHB

[/ QUOTE ]
Call Bob at Lonewolf and get some of his paint and use an HVLP gun. The lonewolf paint just beats anything else we've tried. I don't know what the brand is that he stocks, but it works great.
Mike

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm personaly unwilling to own anything but the 5R Rock"

Thats a pretty bolt statment , compaired to Kreiger and anyother cut rifled barrel in your oppinion their that good? or is their another reason you only settle for the Rock barrels

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bold, just the truth as I see it. I've shot cut rifled barrels from Rock, Obermeyer, Danny Pederson, Krieger, H-S, Lawton and some others. I choose the Rock for the 5R profile, ease of cleaning and accurate performance with a broad range of bullet weights. Granted, the difference between Rock and others is only measured in the .060 to .125 moa aggregate but that's the way I see it. Boots' barrels are comparable to the Rock but take up to a year to get.
I don't see it as "settling for a Rock", I settle for anyone else's blanks.
Respectfully,
Carbonman

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts