Carbon Six

bamban

Those of who ordered barrels from Carbon Six, did you get your barrels with extra muzzle material to cut off or did you get your barrels just maybe a 1/4 inch longer than requested finish length?

Just received the 1st order I made with them, specified 20 inch finish length. The barrel came in just about 1/4 inch longer. Called them, I was informed that that's their standard practice.

I've ordered from just about every major barrel maker, standard is about an inch longer to cut off at the muzzle

Dunno, I had them chamber mine though and I am happy with it. Maybe reach out to Mcgowen, C6 uses their blanks. why would you need an entire inch extra at the muzzle?

Dunno, I had them chamber mine though and I am happy with it. Maybe reach out to Mcgowen, C6 uses their blanks. why would you need an entire inch extra at the muzzle?
Typical practice from barrel makers, the end could get belled out in the 0.000x during lapping. Even the CF Bartleins, and Proofs I chambered even came in with the extra inch to cut off.

Last edited:
Hey, I ordered two barrels from Carbon 6 two years ago. One a 300 Wby and the other a 22-250AI. Had Shaen Magar put the barrels on my actions. I didn't measure their length when I got them back. They are both shooters. I'm very happy with the barrels and Shaen's work.
Take Care

Hey, I ordered two barrels from Carbon 6 two years ago. One a 300 Wby and the other a 22-250AI. Had Shaen Magar put the barrels on my actions. I didn't measure their length when I got them back. They are both shooters. I'm very happy with the barrels and Shaen's work.
Take Care

I read a few + comments about C6, the reason I ordered one. The military discount is a plus.

The barrel length was just a surprise.

McGowen blanks are ordered based on finish length- and that's what you get. No cutoff required.
Lengths I've found are typically a tad long, perhaps to allow for some loss cutting the crown.

Those of who ordered barrels from Carbon Six, did you get your barrels with extra muzzle material to cut off or did you get your barrels just maybe a 1/4 inch longer than requested finish length?

Just received the 1st order I made with them, specified 20 inch finish length. The barrel came in just about 1/4 inch longer. Called them, I was informed that that's their standard practice.

I've ordered from just about every major barrel maker, standard is about an inch longer to cut off at the muzzle
I got mine a couple of months ago. When I placed the order, I had the option of the standard muzzle length of 1" or 1.5." Mine has a 1" muzzle length.

1666372001162.png

CarbonSix barrel unchambered unthreaded.jpg

They told be when I ordered all come in 1/4 inch longer. I was between two sizes so it pushed me to the shorter size and a compromise. Barrels been solid

Interested to know as well. I'm used to having to cut off 1 inch both ends any barrel that's button rifled to remove belling. Perhaps you should call Carbon Six once more just to verify that is exactly what they did?

I got mine a couple of months ago. When I placed the order, I had the option of the standard muzzle length of 1" or 1.5." Mine has a 1" muzzle length.

View attachment 403557
View attachment 403556

I also had the option on the muzzle, and I went with the 1.5". That gave me plenty of room to square up the muzzle and thread for a suppressor/brake.