Carbon Barrel Suggestion

He is a great guy to deal with. I got a barrel from him over a year ago, believe it was a green mountain blank. The fit/chamber/exterior was great. However it copper fowled horribly and the throat on a supposed 6.5 prc saami is way short. Both factory forms of ammo jammed hard. I never posted any frustrations or anything like that as he was just starting to make bolt gun barrels. I believe he went to a different vendor for blanks as that was his plan. I'll be interested to hear your findings. Mine was a Tikka pref
He did switch vendors for the blanks, Columbia River Arms that are 416R stainless. I didn't want a prefit, just a blank for an AR build as I have my own reamer for a .20-223 Improved. He even got the twist I wanted.

He did switch vendors for the blanks, Columbia River Arms that are 416R stainless. I didn't want a prefit, just a blank for an AR build as I have my own reamer for a .20-223 Improved. He even got the twist I wanted.
Hope it pans out for you!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.