Carbide Expander Buttons

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Nimrodmar10, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

Some company, maybe Bonanza, used to make carbide expander buttons for resizing dies. I'd like to have one for a RCBS 7mm die. Does anyone make anything like that any more? I'd even buy the dies to get the carbide expander.

2. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

I think it was Hornaday or Redding. I wish they'd make them for Forster dies.
    gary

3. tpbscha

tpbscha Well-Known Member

Redding does for sure. They are pricey, but work very well for me.

4. boomtube

boomtube Well-Known Member

I suppose everyone should try them, they do make withdrawing the expander easier.

I bought a couple when Hornady made them for RCBS dies (But not for their own. ??) maybe 25 - 30 years ago. Never got any more tho and rarely use the two I got. Seems the contact surface is so short and loosely held the necks give way to the thin side easily. That leaves necks bent much more than Lee's long expanders do - I can't load straight ammo in a bent neck!

5. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

I found them on Lymans site. They work eith RCBS dies. The button floats on the stem so that it self centers in thr neck. I ordered a 7mm and a 30 cal.

6. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

+1

Fitch

7. gasph

gasph Well-Known Member

I just found them at Sinclairs in 7mm and they have an adapter for RCBS dies. They are $26 for the entire assembly. It looks like that should work.