Canvas cheek piece with pouch supplier?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coyboy, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Who has a source for this type of velcro or tie on cheek piece. Looking for something with pouch and maybe cartrige loops, and nice cheek padding.

Any help?

2. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member

I believe you're looking for an Eagle Stock Pack. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago from Triad Tactical. Give 'em a shout.

www.triadtactical.com

3. 270WSM

270WSM Active Member

I like the ones black hawk makes. Comes with a pouch, ammo slots, and has a nice positive feel for cheek weld.

4. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

5. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

I have an A-5 stock, on my 6x284 and on my 338 Allen Mag that is being built by Kirby, with thumbwheel cheek piece. Will these pouchs work on the stock with the thumbwheel cheek piece and how large of a cartridge will they handle, will they handle the big 408 Chey Tac case?

Wildcat

6. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a link to the ones that black hawk make? The ones at TriadTactical.com look nice. But it would be nice to compare.

tks

7. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member

I have the Blackhawk and don't care for it. It doesn't have the liner on the cheekpeice and the velco straps aren't as effective at the Eagle in my opinion.

Wildcat, neither of these will work with an adjustable cheekpeice.

Chris

8. eshell

eshell Well-Known Member

I prefer the Eagle model as well.

FWIW, a lot of guys have mentioned that the Blackhawk "Hawk-Tex" cheekpad is a little "sticky" and not as comfy to shoot for long periods of time.

Wildcat, the shell loops will take .300WinMag, but they're tight enough - you'll be pushing it to get your .408s into it. The good news is that is really isn't that practical to carry ammo there anyway, especially long ammo.