Canaries In A Mine

Len,

Thanks for the great site. It has cost me 2 custom rifles, reloading equipment by the tons, etc....Couldn't have done it without this site, spent thousands of $$$$. But really, loving every minute of it. Even went shooting today in 30 mph winds. Have to practice, it's not always calm during hunting season.

Thanks for all, really!

Len,
The site's fantastic! Iv'e been comin' here a couple years. The site's been a great resource, and a great way to unwind when things are stressful. As for your "selfish" reasons, let us know if we can do things to help. I'd be happy to do some shopping via links on this site or whatever.

Thanks!

grit, thanks

for totally selfish reasons...because it is fun for me and because you guys are fun to be around.

But buying from Cabela's and Bass Pro is good, too! light bulb

Mr. Backus,

My hat is off to You for constantly maintaining and upgrading this website.
I'm certain that it require's alot of time and capitol. The fact that two major outdoor equipment retail company's have come aboard with offering a commission to Longrangehunting.com whenever member's make a purchase through this website say's alot.
I hunt by all legal mean's for all game in the lower 48. Long Range hunting and shooting happen's to be the favorite. the additional hunting forum's will be well received by the member's, for I feel alot of them share my many interest's as well. The amount of technical information a newcomer can glean from this website would undoubtedly fill volume's, as well as aide the individual
to getting off in the right direction in his / her pursuit of Long Range Hunting.
I have'nt posted very much over the year's due to the fact that 9 time's out of 9 if I were in need of technical information regarding the sport for myself or someone else, researching this website would provide the answer that I was looking for, with other member's already having posted my same question's / concern's, and advice. I've purchased several peice's of support equipment from the classified forum that cannot be purchased from a store, and met a couple of realy nice, like minded individual's doing so.
This website work's for me and it is rather obvious that it work's for 10,000 plus other like minded individual's, thank's to Your passion. keep up the great work !, May You and Your Family, as well as all Longranger's gathered here,

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR !

I think this is a perfect spot to make my first post. I check the site almost everyday and have found it to be very informative and just very enjoyable.I think you have done a great job and service creating this site and all posters have been so great on passing on their knowledge and helping others learn more. For that I thank all of you.

Ken

New Site and Forum

Well it was hit and miss for me as the site would not open up all the time.But since the complete move to the new server things have been much better and I can't remember that the site page has not loaded so things are looking better all the time. I don't post much but I read a lot and go look at some pics that people take that just make me sick.....sick to be where the pic was taken. I like the forum no dislikes here...just glad to be here. James

I came onto this site by chance, I was looking for something on Google and voila. Most people look at you kinda crazy when you talk about shooting at a big game animal past a few hundred yards. It was good to hear about people pushing the envelope without just going out and whaling away with an old cor-locked fed 30-06 just to see if they get lucky before the ammo runs out. I visit this site and one other, and the other is just on occasion to see if there is anything new in optics. This one has been basically my "entertainment" for this whole deployment. The internet use here is rather limited so I would check my emails to see if the wife and kids wrote and spend the rest of my time here. I get anxious to read what y'all write. I try to soak in as much knowledge about rifles(especially the long range ones), reloading and optics as I possibly can. That and everybody here that I have talked to are always more then willing to help if you have a question. One built me a hell of a rifle, some have been giving me advise on out of state hunts, others have shared their knowledge about optics and one(thanks again James) has been giving me advise on working out. Every body here seems to support the troops. From personal experience I think one of the best things you can do for a vet,especially the older ones, is say "Thank You". Even though I have never met any of you face to face,(and without trying to sound all sappy) you have been one of my best friends these last 14 months and I thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.