Can m1913 rings be mounted on a weaver base?

carbonrod

I am trying to scope up a new rig. The only combination that I can find locally at the moment is a Ken Farrell base(weaver), and Nightforce rings(m1913). The two standards look very similar to me, but I am not sure if it will work boom time.

I have a copy of the m1913 spec, but nothing on Weaver to compare it to.

I have not used this combo but have seen many sets of Badgers and MK4 rings mounted on Farrel's base so you should have no problem at all.

More than likely a weaver base wont work with picatinny rings. the cross slots on the base are a bit different. you can try and maybe get lucky. They will work the other way around (weaver rings on a picatinny base)

What rifle are you working on?

I have had problems mounting PICATINNY RINGS on weaver bases , somtimes the cross slot on the weaver base is to narrow foir the 1913 spec rings.
Now I have never had any probelem mounting WEAVER RINGS to 1913 bases.

I think that the angle of the dove tail is slightly differant , but not enough so to cause a fit problem but like I said I have had problems with the 1913 rings having cross slot bolt that are to thick for the weaver bases , not all the time but sometimes , I think that the slot width on the weaver base has no set size

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.