Can it be? Zeiss has better glass than Swarovski

Because Swaro GLASS is better. A fact! I didnt say that Swaro SCOPES were that much if any better...but the GLASS and the stuff they put on ( and in) the glass is.

Ever seen Swarovski crystal for sale? Bet ya never seen ZEISS crystal for sale!!!.....:)
probably because Zeiss doesn't make crystal...that argument makes no sense
Swarovski crystal, although the same company name, is separate from swarovski optik. Kind of like the company called "Graco" they make high chairs and potty seats for little kids. they also make industrial pumps that I sell in the oil field. same company name and logo.. everything, just a different division. It is a bold and false statement to say Swarovski IS definitively better. I am willing to bet you dont have the equipment to measure optical clarity.

probably because Zeiss doesn't make crystal...that argument makes no sense
Swarovski crystal, although the same company name, is separate from swarovski optik. Kind of like the company called "Graco" they make high chairs and potty seats for little kids. they also make industrial pumps that I sell in the oil field. same company name and logo.. everything, just a different division. It is a bold and false statement to say Swarovski IS definitively better. I am willing to bet you dont have the equipment to measure optical clarity.

There are a LOT of "glass" products that Zeiss doesnt make...so it makes just as much sense as attempting to compare one brand of Bino's to another brand's rifle scopes.

And I know nothing about oil field pumps so why toss that into the conversation???? And you are correct I do not have the equipment to measure optical clraity but I can at least respect the opinions of PROFESSIONALS that DO have...but whether I do have or dont have doesnt change the FACT.....:)

There are a LOT of "glass" products that Zeiss doesnt make...so it makes just as much sense as attempting to compare one brand of Bino's to another brand's rifle scopes.

And I know nothing about oil field pumps so why toss that into the conversation???? And you are correct I do not have the equipment to measure optical clraity but I can at least respect the opinions of PROFESSIONALS that DO have...but whether I do have or dont have doesnt change the FACT.....:)

Can you send me a link to where these "professionals" have published that they have runs tests and Can prove that swarovski glass is better than zeiss? If so I will concede And offer my appology to you. If not I will assume you are full of crap and pulled that out of your butt. And the pump comparison was an example of one company with seperate entities similar to swarovski.... That reading comprehension thing just keeps getting you doesn't it?

Can you send me a link to where these "professionals" have published that they have runs tests and Can prove that swarovski glass is better than zeiss? If so I will concede And offer my appology to you. If not I will assume you are full of crap and pulled that out of your butt. And the pump comparison was an example of one company with seperate entities similar to swarovski.... That reading comprehension thing just keeps getting you doesn't it?

Im not about to take MY TIME to link you to every know professional in birding...naturalists etc. You'll have to use your own time for that Im afraid. Telephone some of the MUCHO BIG bino / spotting scope retailer that YOU can find on the internet and get their opinions also.

You dont have to concede anything to me..Im not the one you have to answer to in the end and as far as pulling something from my posterior Id prefer to remove you... Think what you want to..I could care less!

I just wish I knew everything there was to know about long range rifles...large caliber ones at that...bipods VS sandbags...scopes and high quality glass works..everything under the sun AS YOU DO. It must be nice to say the least

I only ask for 1 single professional reference. ...but I already knew you couldn't deliver. And I don't know every thing... I know very little. But it happens to be a LOT more than you know....chew on that bud.

There's really no way to tell the difference between a Zeiss and a Swarovski scope without actually looking through both in the store and outside of the store at low light and near dark conditions side by side (which I have done). I am unable to tell the difference between a 44mm Zeiss and similar Swaros in near dark conditions (other than the $1K-$2K difference in price of course). What I can tell you about either scope is that they bludgeon any leupold, burris or nikon scope to a bloody pulp when it comes to optical clarity when it counts, which is why my guns now wear mostly Zeiss glass. Is it possible that Zeiss has better glass than Swarovski??? Maybe not better, but equally as good IMO for a better value certainly. I've heard that Kahles, Meopta, and a few others offer the same clarity for dollar value, but I haven't investigated them to base an opinion on it.

There's really no way to tell the difference between a Zeiss and a Swarovski scope without actually looking through both in the store and outside of the store at low light and near dark conditions side by side (which I have done). I am unable to tell the difference between a 44mm Zeiss and similar Swaros in near dark conditions (other than the $1K-$2K difference in price of course). What I can tell you about either scope is that they bludgeon any leupold, burris or nikon scope to a bloody pulp when it comes to optical clarity when it counts, which is why my guns now wear mostly Zeiss glass. Is it possible that Zeiss has better glass than Swarovski??? Maybe not better, but equally as good IMO for a better value certainly. I've heard that Kahles, Meopta, and a few others offer the same clarity for dollar value, but I haven't investigated them to base an opinion on it.

100% true. Thats why when one doesnt have the time; inclination and the $$$ to personally test each individual "item" he has to rely on the advice of professionals and people that use said items day in and day out.

Ive personally migrated from Leupold to Zeiss and would have...WOULD HAVE chosen Swaro BUT...for approx same glass ( 6-20 X as compared to 5-25X) it was a full 50% higher...and Im not talking pennies either.

Anything wrong with the Zeiss scopes Im using?....Not one single thing....BUT..if I wanted the absolute best possible pic as seen thru them...Id have bellied up to the bar and paid the $$ for the Swaro

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.