Can a 270 Win be rebarreled to a 270WSM?

budlight

I have a custom Mauser actioned 270 W in need of a new barrel. It is probably going to have a 27 inch Kreiger #4 or #5 sporter

May take a little more work to get it to feed well in a mauser... I'd stick with 270... I just built one for long range hunting/competitions. I have a 28" barrel and push the 165 Matrix bullets at 2890 fps. Just knocked down a decent mule deer with it at 482 yds.

I have decided to just go with 270 AI with a 27 inch. With the high BC .277 Matrix bullets I'm hoping that 270 development will start to appear like in F class competition.

The actual BC of that bullet looks to be about .650, very good but not as good as advertised. I will say that those bullets work great on game... I'm very pleased and I'm sure you will be too.

May take a little more work to get it to feed well in a mauser... I'd stick with 270... I just built one for long range hunting/competitions. I have a 28" barrel and push the 165 Matrix bullets at 2890 fps. Just knocked down a decent mule deer with it at 482 yds.

Do you mind posting your load data for the 165 Matrix?

I'm about ready to give them a try in my Mauser 98, 270 Win.

thanks
richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.