Can 7 Rem Mag brass be necked up to 358 Norma?

gearfoot

I have close to 400 pieces of 7mm Rem Mag brass. I just picked up a 358 Norma mag and was wondering if I could neck up this brass instead of buying new stuff.

Thanks.

Sounds like to far to go without gaining problems somewhere along the way. I have gone 7mm remington to 308 norma and back. but 7 to 358 is going to leave some thin necks. Even with annealing I bet you will get some splitting. I have gone 7mm-300 wby to 340 wby and brought 378 wby down to 30-378 wby then turned the necks. But I have not gone 30-378 to 378. I think necking up is where the problem would be.

Let me do some looking. Might take a day or so but I might have a bunch of .358 Norma brass we could do some swapping or something. I come across brass every now and then pretty cheap and I will grab it up. Thought I had maybe 100-200 rounds of brass but will have to look. Will let you know. Might save you a headache or two. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.