Camoing rifle to match Mossy Oak

Don't worry about matching Mossy Oak closely- the idea behind camo is to break up your form or silouhette. If everything is the same you will still look like a big dark human blob.

amtmn, My plan camoing up my hunter 75 ss this year for elk hunting is basicaly to buy a short roll of camo blind material in what ever pattern you want or dropping into my local army surplus and buying a piece of material that matches my woodland pattern. Next I will cut up the material and sew covers or wrap and tie the material on the rifle military sniper style. I gave camo tape and maybe paint some thought but I don't think anything compares to a ragged wrapping and tie job military sniper style.
smile.gif

I have to agree with Chris, you want to break yourself up. I have mossy oak Boots, realtree bibs, and advantage parka.

I used to like matching everything, but you will get a lot closer by breaking up.

As far a camo for the rifle. If you have a sythentic stock. See if you could get it painted.

....or maybe decal like the turkey shotguns

I used flat black and the tan and brown sprayed though a plastic basket, it blends well.

2.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.