Calling Coyotes--Sealing The Deal

ADMIN

Administrator
Many things play into the ability to seal the deal. The coyote's mindset, the gun, load and equipment, the shooter's skill and experience as well as the ability to read the coyote body language all play into the moment of truth. In an earlier article I related a sad statistic from one of our first calling seasons. We called nineteen coyotes that year and killed only three of them. The school of hard knocks is pretty brutal sometimes-primarily on your ego. The learning curve is steep but there are things a hunter can do to shorten the curve. I hope the information here will help whether you've been at the game for a while or are new to predator hunting.Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Calling Coyotes--Sealing The Deal, By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Thanks for mentioning the rapid pivot bipod. I have had a number of folks give me the raised eye brow over my use of these, as if to say "oh those, but their flexible so not as good as brand x". I have great luck using these bipods, they are quiet and fast to relocate and it is easy to keep the scope level. I find them to be very much up to the task of putting the shots where they need to go. The sitting/prone size is great for those of us not as agile as we used to be.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.