Calling all Hogs

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by Bruce Rickey, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Bruce Rickey

Bruce Rickey Member

Has anyone called in hogs. Please, please don't give me the soo-wee, soo-wee or the Rabionite call from N E Georgia reserved for wayward canoest from Atlanta. I have heard that squeels and preditor calls can sometimes bring pigs out of the thickets. It would be great to hunt them like preditors if possible. It seems that there just is not a lot of info on how to hunt them unless you hunt them from under a feeder or after dark with night vision.

2. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

I have had some success using a fox pro call and the distressed piglet call sound.( a sow will
    come almost every time if she has babies). be sure and place the call well away from your
    hunting position to avoid tense moments.

The fighting boar call gets a lot of attention but I have not brought on in with it(After all who/or
    what would wan't to get between a couple of boars that wanted to do bodily harm to
    each other)

I have heard of some varmint calls working but have not seen it yet.

J E CUSTOM

3. Bruce Rickey

Bruce Rickey Member

Thanks for the info. I have a good set up for both the sows and boars. The sows taste better as they are feeding on peanuts. Do you have a good source for the calls?

4. tim227

tim227 Member

X1 on the source of a good pig call.

Thanks,
    Tim

5. Russ Hatch

Russ Hatch Well-Known Member

6. bunnywhacker

bunnywhacker Member

Check out youtube for calling wild hogs. There was a few on there last time I checked. Good info on set ups. Have not ever tried calling hogs but we did start trapping them a few months ago and they are very vocal when one of them is in a bind.

7. bigbuck

bigbuck Well-Known Member

+1 We used to raise Hogs and when the piglets got to squeeling look out here comes the whole bunch !! Seems like the piglet call would work great.

BigBuck

8. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member