Calling all Dingos

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by Flyhalf, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Flyhalf

Flyhalf Member

Guys , I am hoping that the coyote hunters here might give me some advice.

Firstly , I know there are no dingos in the US !! But , I am hoping with your help I just might outwit a mongeral dog or two.
    My buddy , a sheep rancher looses many lambs a year to wild dogs.These dogs are a variety of domestic dogs gone feral and have x bred with pure wild dingos.
    The dogs range a large area which is all sheep country and other farmers in the district have similar problems.
    So I was wondering maybe a there might be a method of calling these mongerals in close for a shot.A mate of mine in Canada suggested a wounded woodpecker call , but as we don't have 'peckers down here , I was sceptical.
    Then , I thought , just maybe , the noise of something completely foreign might tickle the curiousity of the dogs !

Am I wasting my time guys . or do you think the idea has some merit ?lightbulb

regards
    Mike.

2. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Foxpro has farm animal sounds. If you go their site you can listen to them. Canine pups and sounds would be worth a look.

3. the shotty

the shotty Well-Known Member

Both my dogs and the neighborhood dogs get pretty interested when I use pup distress. I would also try fawn/lamb distress sounds.

4. Flyhalf

Flyhalf Member

Thanks for the advice guys .
    regards
    Mike

5. patience

patience Well-Known Member

There has been at least one Coyote calling contest won with a recording of a crying human child. Any kind of distress call. Fawn, pup, cat, sheep. All should work at least part of the time.