Calling all chicken defenders ...

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Porker, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Porker

Porker Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Been a few months since my last post ... settling in on a different continent, married to a beautiful woman ... but me guns are far away with lots a water between me and them ... hopefully that 338 WM will be here soon from the US, easing the pain ...

How about making me feel better by suggesting a caliber/bolt rifle/barrel lenght combination supressed and subsonic do deal with the odd fox in the chicken pen ...

Tricky ... only 4.5 hec. with a short shot of about 60 yards ... cant wake the neighbours. Might build a small soundproof outhouse to shoot from next to the back door overlooking the pen... need advise on cheap option for sound proofing ... egg box's?

2. cowboy

cowboy Well-Known Member

Had the same problem with a rockchuck that moved in. Set up a few traps - problem solved.

3. Porker

Porker Well-Known Member

i wanna shoot something....

4. Gary Kaney

Gary Kaney Well-Known Member

22 Hornet. Thats all i use around the builings here.

5. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

It seems like a job for one of the air rifles out there. No experience to speak of so I can't say which one, but that's where I would look.

6. Porker

Porker Well-Known Member

will look into those air rifles ... not sure if it's good on fox, but i
    have heard there is some pretty good hunting type pellets for them ...

i'm sure there is a thread somewhere on this forum regarding subsonic supressed .. anyone know where?

7. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

A nice video on youtube, google integrally suppressed 77/22, Orkan made the video Johns Guns is who provided the guns. Wait for a stamp, and you might be out of chickens.