California Aoudads

huntokanogan

Anybody out there ever hunted or know anything about the free-ranging Aoudad sheep in centeral California? I've heared they are in the Herst Castle aria and pockets on the Los Padres National Forest.
I would love to do a DIY hunt down there for them but am not sure if there is sheep anywhere on public land or if theyre only on private land.
I really need help on where to start my quest for these sheep.
If anyone was willing to let some of their hard earned information come my way, I would be willing to help you out in return with info on any game/fish species in Eastern Washington.
Esspecially good info for Mule deer, whitetail, bear and columbia river salmon/steelhead fishing
Feel free to PM me if you don't want your info on the forum page.
Thanks guys

I have a friend who lives in the area, I have a call into him right now. Will get in touch with you soon with any good info.

Huntokanogan. did you have any luck with your information regarding the Aoudads ?
Im 50 min south of the area.
cheers

I have been so busy lately that I have slacked somewhat in my search for CA aoudad info. A few months back I spent some time looking around for it and pretty much found out that there is sheep on the Hearst Castle ranch and there is a number of them on the lands around the Hearst Ranch. Looks like most of that land is Private, but there is supposedly "some public land up there, ya just have to find it." A guy answered that to a question I had posted a few months ago but never replied back so who knows.
If you find anything out in the mean time, You should let me know....If you don't mind, If I happen apon anything else I will PM you or make a post.
Have a good one guys

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.