Caldwell vs. harris

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by AH3682, Feb 8, 2013.

1. AH3682

AH3682 Well-Known Member

Sorry to be bugging you guys again so soon, but i'm wondering where you guys stand: by harris or caldwell. Which is better?

Thanks again!

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Um.... it would really help to know what product your talking about? I will assume bipods and if so Harris or course, but on that note alpha industries is much better than either of them!

3. D.ID

D.ID Well-Known Member

First off, Stop apologizing........ We all have to start somewhere and this is a good place to do it, with a bunch of good folks willing to help out a beginner. You are not bugging anyone, If they don't care to offer an opinion they can move on with no harm done. That said, harris is not the end-all be-all but it is the standard to which all others are compared, I have had several different bi-pods and the caldwell will not last as long or function as smoothly as the harris. I personally do not need more than the harris and have never bean disappointed with one, so I no longer buy anything else. My opinion, based on my experience and your milage may vary.

4. Canvsbk

Canvsbk Well-Known Member

On my carry hunting rifles I have Harris. At the bench varmit rifles have Caldwell.

5. AH3682

AH3682 Well-Known Member

Hi again,

First of all you are correct, bipods.

Second of all i would like to tell you guys that i apprecitate your willingness to help a beginner out.

Third, i noticed that blackhawk has some interesting products out. How do you feel about those?

Once again thanks and happy shooting!
    gun)
    gun)
    gun)