CA Condor Protection Zone Hunters??

Discussion in 'Muzzleloader Hunting' started by Mule, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Mule

Mule Well-Known Member

Well quick question to the muzzlestuffing crowd or BPCR ect whom use lead bullets. Will this zone eliminate all small game hunting to include the ML season for the 2008 season?? Just was looking for an update from those whom hunt in those areas of CA. I have not seen any updates from the Div of Wildlife or othe agencies on the seasons taking this "proclamation" from Her Arnie.

Thanks

Mule

2. piutemike

piutemike Well-Known Member

I live and hunt in the condor lead ban zone. You can hunt big game with no problem, as long as you have tags and non lead ammunition. Check out Barnes for copper options. Small game is currently not affected; IE, you can hunt rabbits with regular 22 ammo or leadshot in a shotgun. Hope this helps.

Mike

3. gbp

gbp Well-Known Member

4. piutemike

Again like I said you CAN use lead 22 bullets to take small game animals, ie rabbits, tree squirrels " The previous reference material clearly states that the lead 22 ammo ban affects non-game animals such as ground squirrels, coyotes stuff they are afraid you will leave laying around for the scavenging birds. I would of used the word Condors, but it now seems they are trying to protect all scavenging birds not just the Condors. Yep, Ca. is something else.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  5. piutemike

Lead ban

Don't want to be an ass but you should read your reference material a liitle closer. You CAN use lead 22 ammo for taking game animals such as rabbits, tree squirrels. It is the NON game animals such as coyotes you can't use lead on.

Mike

6. gbp

gbp Well-Known Member

You're not being an ass, I was just quoting from the current information available without interpetation as to what everyone considers small game.

no offence taken

7. gbp

gbp Well-Known Member

Not trying to beat a dead horse but the issue has come up again.
    Please referr to http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/new/2008/355ntc.pdf

Section 475 Item 5
    Sections 353 Item 4
    Page 3 First and Second Paragraph

There is still time to notify (politely) the DFG of your opinion as these arre new proposals and clarifications.

Best Regards