Buying a spotting scope for less than $450.00

enigma

These are what I've seen, What do you people on here think a nikon lll A20-60x60 or a burris landmark 20-60x80 or a leupold wind river sequola 20-60x80?So far these are what I like.But I would like to really know what you people on here think?I never use a spotting scope to hunt with.I don't want to send over $450.00.

I have been looking for a spotting as well. I did not have the money for a zeiss or none of the big names right now and only shooting out 2 600 yrds i wanted to start out slow. i am shooting a zeiss conquest 4.5 x 14 50 and it is supper. Ok I went with a red field 20x60x60 at $220. It seems good has a nice bag and see through bag tripod. It is clear and I am going to set out targets 200 300 400 500 600 yrds to see how it works before i get to the range but looks good so far.i was looking at the burris landmark but could not get my hands on one to look through beforing buying.

Last edited:
562 yards will be my longest shot I have swarovski PH 6-24x50 rifle scope on my gun.But I would like a spotting scope with me to to watch the deer and check horns.But till I can buy a good spotting scope I got to get a cheaper one for now.The spotting scope for hunting.So I thought I would ask the guys on here on this site there the experts.Have you looked throw a burris yet Gitthatdawg?

Last edited:
i have looked through 2 of them i sent a pm back they are on par with everything else in there price range. i even looked through the little compact burris 20x75x70 it was the good for the 75 power and worked fine through all the mags.

There are a lot of nice Spotting Scopes out there for a good price. The Vortex are really nice but if you would like a compact one with a FFP Reticle the Bushnell Excursion is really nice for the price.

Mike @ CST

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.