buy new rifle for long ranges [800m-1000m]

Rem 700 5r in 308 or 300wm, I own both and they both shoot as good as custom guns, rem700 sendero's are also proven tack drivers. Tons of aftermarket parts. I would throw a scope you hopefully already have on it for now and save a little more money for a good optic, you'll only be left with about 500 for scope after you buy a 5r or sendero both deserve a quality optic. At the minimum I would go with a mark 4 leupold or vortex pst which I did then upgraded to a vortex razor 5x20 on my 308 and night force nxs 5.5x22 on my 300, you will thank yourself later for buying good optics, it sucks to spend 2 grand or more on a scope but you'll only have to one time. Good luck.
I checked : http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-sendero-sf-ii.aspx
Rm 700 Sendero costs $1450 , that destroy my budget :D
I couldnt find any info about Rem 700 5r

I just bought a Savage long range hunter in 6.5-284 Norma. I will say that it took me some tinkering with the rifle and a lot of tinkering with the Berger bullets. The Bergers seem to be super sensitive to seating depth. But i wanted hunting bullets because this IS my long range hunting rifle. For targets though the Amax bullets seem to tune much easier. Anyways. Here's how it shoots 3 shots at 150 yards. For consistent 1000 yard shooting you will most likely need to hand load. It's not hard though.

Gun I got on sale $719
Leupold rings $70
Murphy precision 20 MOA rail $119
Vortex 6.5-20x44PA $279

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 66
A Savage long range hunter in 6.5-284 Norma looks like one hell of a good deal. gun) - - - - - - - - - - - -

joseph

A Savage long range hunter in 6.5-284 Norma looks like one hell of a good deal. gun) - - - - - - - - - - - -

joseph

Khodher- you do not say where you are. the sendero on GB are less than 1450. the 6.5-284 would be a great choice if you reload.

Did you post that for the price?? Most of the gun shops here are selling it for $750-$850. I bought mine at cabelas on sale for $719

Wow. Just looked it up. $900 at cabelas now Reg. price

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.