Bustn Rockchucks On My Birthday!

Thanks, man! Got a few things on there for the chuck bustin' crowd, too! Take care.

Tim

Last edited:
I just busted my first longrange chuck today while out proofing my turret for my huskemaw. I zero'd the turret at 400 and was pretty happy how this set up was shooting and decided to strech her legs a little, I ranged a rock out cropping and 827 and was getting into the scope when I noticed 3 chucks sunning themselves on the next rock, so I added 1 click checked the wind and sent the 197 botw vld , I actually saw the red mist as the bullet hit my first chuck center mass, well his buddy just sat there, so I sent one his way and watched as he slid face first down the rock. Needless to say I do belive the rifle and turrets are ON! Cant wait for mule deer season.

What are you shooting bowhunter? Pix man!
I was testing the solutions from my G7 rangefinder Sunday. At 749 it was a half MOA high. Once I dialed in the correction I busted a baseball size rock. I'll have to fine tune my input to get it on. The rifle was the green one I posted earlier.
This pic is my latest, just got the scope on it last night. Kirby Allen 270 WSM with NF 2.5-10x32.
Along with the usual elk hunting duty, I expect accuracy to make it a 600 yard marmot rifle as well.

Attachments

• IMAG0314.jpg
    IMAG0314.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 63
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.