Bushnell/ Tasco/ Simmons warranty repair in KS

SAVAGE22-243AI

Took my Tasco TR 10-40x50 DS scope in for warranty repair. This scope was bad out of the box.
Note: I bought this scope from the Kansas Bushnell store last year to use as a inexpensive scope on a rifle build.
After two weeks Bushnell sent a letter telling me this scope is a discontinued model from before 2002 when Tasco went out of business.
I called Busnell warranty repair and then offered me a credit for a new scope and a difference of $124.00 for another Tasco 10-40x50 target scope above. I asked why can't you fix mine, they stated they aren't available anymore, but wait I responded! you are trying to sell me another one for trade and $124.00. Oh, he responded from Bushnell warranty repair, I see your point, hold on a minute. When he came back on line he applogized for any confusion and would send out a new scope (TASCO TR10-40x50DS) free of charge.

I did use the choke! telling him to look up my ticket from last years purchase of a new in the box Tasco 10-40x50 scope.

Do they lie? cheat? and steal money from their customers?lightbulb

KBR

Because of one of our members here! Bushnell took care of all my problems with the scope I had. Also sent a new scope for the money I spent to upgrade. Fixing all my problems all due to miscommunication.

THANK YOU BUSHNELL!

I will be a repeat customer now and looking forward to finding the right deal on the Millet LRS 6-25x56 35mm scope for one of my varmint rifles.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.