Bushnell Tactical or Tasco SS

rolltide

I'm looking for an inexpensive scope to set up on a rifle I am planning to shoot out to 600 yds. Mostly in competition but occasionally on groundhogs.

I've read good reviews on both scopes but would like your opinion on both. Are there any pros/cons to one over the other.

I'm leaning towards the Bushnell since it is half the price of the Tasco and I own other B&L scopes.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Take care,

CC

Both are very nice scopes for the money. The Tasco has a wider field of view and slightly better optics. Both are equally functional.

If budget is a concern, then the Bushnell is a fine choice.

If going to 600yds, just about any 1" scope will work too so your options are broader.

For competition, I like to have higher mag if the weather will allow. That is why I use the B&L/Bushnell Elite 4000 6X24. Very nice optics, much better then the other two, and repeatable adjustments. Not much more then the Tasco.

Jerry

rolltide

I have read alot of good and bad comments on the SS. You should be able to read these of the various shooting optics forus on the net.

Iam M wrote a comprehensive review of the Bushnell 3200 10x40 which you can read at:-
http://www.longrangehunting.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000073

After reading this review I bough the 10x Bushnell. I am very happy with it. It does what I expect it to do.

The Bushnell 4200 series is a range of scopes about which I have read many good things, but never bad.

Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.