Bushnell Scope Questions?

mw185

I Reread Jerry's long range rifle on a budget article, and Ians article on low priced long range scopes and both highly rated the tracking ability of the bushnell 3200 and 4200 series scopes. Has anyone put the new 3200 variable 5-15 to the test? Also, Jerry speaks of dialing the 4200 series scopes but I dont see one offered with target turrets? what is the process in using these(4200) scopes to make them easily dialable?

Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 30mm

I beleive this to be a new model for 08 maybe they were 07, but I have purchased one on ebay and expect it soon.

It has mil dot reticle and tactical style turrets nice scope with fair amount of adjustment for a $500 set up.
check it out.
Bushnell Outdoor Products

Target turrets

I had a 4200 4-16, and they do have target turrets, but the downside is that there is only 6 minutes per rev. As a result, there is not much space between the vertical scale lines and it is easy to loose track of which line you are on- I have made a 6moa error as a result.
That said, I thought the clarity and resolution was much better than my VXIII 4.5-14, and it was my prefered scope on my 280 until I bought an IOR 3-18.
Regards
Ross

I Reread Jerry's long range rifle on a budget article, and Ians article on low priced long range scopes and both highly rated the tracking ability of the bushnell 3200 and 4200 series scopes. Has anyone put the new 3200 variable 5-15 to the test? Also, Jerry speaks of dialing the 4200 series scopes but I dont see one offered with target turrets? what is the process in using these(4200) scopes to make them easily dialable?

I have about 40 rounds under my 3200 5-15x40. I really like it. The clicks are very distinct and audible. It seams to track very accurately. I've only gone out to 300 yards with it so far, but I'm impressed. The glass is very clear. I love the long eye relief- 4.3". My only complaint is that the reticle is thicker than my Weaver tactical. No other complaints. I would buy another in a heartbeat. I think it is the best $285 scope out there.

Thanks for the replies. RossN , did the scope you mentioned have tactical type turrets, or are the turrets under the screw on/off caps? Geargrinder, did you put the scope through any tracking tests, something like mentioned in the articles in my post? thanks

The adjustments were under a tall cap- I was always worried I would set up, take a shot and then race off and leave the cap behind, but it never happened. Everybody gets lucky sometimes I guess...

Thanks for the replies. RossN , did the scope you mentioned have tactical type turrets, or are the turrets under the screw on/off caps? Geargrinder, did you put the scope through any tracking tests, something like mentioned in the articles in my post? thanks

Mine has the tactical type turrets. I haven't gone quite to the extreme that Jerry did, but I have shot at 100 then clicked and shot at 200 and 300. Then clicked back to 200 and 100. Came back into the same groups. I haven't tested the windage, but I would assume it tracks just as well.

Multi-X reticle

I'm looking hard at the 4200 8-32-40 but don't know if I'll like the Multi-X reticle. Never looked through one. Comments please if you are using this reticle.

Thanks,

Aitch

I have about 40 rounds under my 3200 5-15x40. I really like it. The clicks are very distinct and audible. It seams to track very accurately. I've only gone out to 300 yards with it so far, but I'm impressed. The glass is very clear. I love the long eye relief- 4.3". My only complaint is that the reticle is thicker than my Weaver tactical. No other complaints. I would buy another in a heartbeat. I think it is the best $285 scope out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.