Bushnell Fusion1600 ir Leica crf1600 - please help me decide

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by tim_novy, Nov 4, 2010.

1. tim_novy

tim_novy Member

hi, i am planing to upgrade my accessories. just ordered a kestrel 4500nv with bluetooth + vane mount and now i want to buy a better rangefinder. my budget is 1000usd and my options are bushnell fusion and leica crf1600.
    please tell me your experience with these 2 products.

thanks

2. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

Leica has and does build the finest, most advanced surveying equipment in the world
    and has for longer than we've been alive. I have one of their theodolites that measures
    in 1/2 seconds or in lay mans terms that's 1/400 of an inch in a 100 ft. Their range
    finding technology is born from their surveying division.
    I have a Bushnell 1000 yard rangefinder and it won't, not on it's best day and most
    reflective target. It also doesn't work at all in cold weather. (big help in Mt. where I live)
    The companies just don't build comparable products. It may be an exaggeration but for
    me it's like comparing a Yamaha motorcycle with a briggs and stratton driven mini bike.

3. jeff 300

jeff 300 Well-Known Member

Well said Leica is a way better range finder I have a leica 1200 and a swar 1500 and i find my self going to the leica most of the time so i'm fixing to get the 1600 and sale the swar. But there is a new LR G7 BR2 coming out soon that looks to be really nice so i'm waiting till then to see how it works out. take a look

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/g7-br2-rangefinder-62841/

4. tim_novy

tim_novy Member

some new info for my case. i have found both products at 930usd with all taxes included + shipping to romania. i like more the design of the bushnell but i have to think also about performance and reliability .
    i don't know if i will go beyound 1000 meters but in the future maybe i will upgrade my rifle too.
    i need some info from the one who have these products. thanks

5. bb204

bb204 Well-Known Member

I haven't spent much time with my Leica 1600, but have got 1569 and 1571 yds. so far. I can't find anything I don't like about it so far. I love the small size and clarity.
    Good Luck,

6. edge

edge Well-Known Member

How do their warranties compare?

edge.

7. helidriver72

helidriver72 Well-Known Member

I have owned both Leica's and Bushnell's and there is no comparison. The Leica are far superior to anything Bushnell makes.

8. The Duke007

The Duke007 Well-Known Member

I am also looking at the leica. Does it have the true ballistic range built in when it computes range?

9. helidriver72

helidriver72 Well-Known Member

I have a Leica 1600, it does not display true ballistic range. It does tell you the angle in degree's. It's ranging abilities are fantastic!

10. tim_novy

tim_novy Member

looks like someone decided for me and i just received a gift (bushnell fusion).
    i was going to buy the leica but the bushnell will do for the moment.
    i tested today the bushnell on a little foggy day and measured buildings up to 1432yds. this was the farthest building i could find. i will do more testing on little objects next week.