Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50 Pros vs Cons

CHARLIEDUECE65

Any personal hands on info on this scope. How does it compare to Zeiss, Leupold VX3, or scopes in it's price range. Im looking for a scope for hunting, specifically to put on my 270 Winchester. I was leaning towards the Zeiss 4.5-14x50 but not sure now.

I have the Bushnell Elite 4.5-30X50mm Tactical version on my new 338-375 Ruger. Very nice optics and shakes off recoil like the best optics around. I have no muzzle brake and so recoil on that rifle is very hard, but she has held zero with no issues so far.

You won't be disappointed with the Elite optics. I was hesitant at first because I always associated the name Bushnell with "poor quality" due to their not so good history in optics. But now I own 2 Elite scopes and couldn't be happier with them both. Bushnell has really stepped up to the plate to compete with other companies in recent years with their Elite models and have done so with flying colors IMO.

Optics are very bright, crystal clear edge to edge, and adjustments are very precise and positive. Now they are no NightForce, but they really are excellent scopes for the money.

The Elite Series of Bushnell Rifle Scopes have unmatched optical clarity, low light transmission, and quality of lens coating in their price range.

That has been what has kept me coming back to Bushnell Elite 4200 and 6500 scopes for several years as I'm a hunter first and don't turn turrets for windage and elevation after an initial 200yd zero.

If I'm going to start shooting long enough ranges at game that I need to absolutely rely on turning turrets and still see clearly at long range in minimal light, I'm going to sell whatever I need to sell and/or save my pennies and buy a Nightforce scope.

Life is too short to hunt with a crappy scope... ;)

I've got 5 of the bushnell/ baush & loumb elite series scopes; no 6500 though so I never commented. Two 3200 10x, 2 4000 6-24x, and a 4200 8-32x.
My 8-32x elite 4200 has a bit less adj. range than I'd like, but it is on my 7stw so I'm at less than 200 inches drop to 1,000 yards. I don't have to touch the dials to any range I'll shoot with her, but I'm not a dailer anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts