bushnell elite 1500 help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by haywire05, Jan 24, 2009.

1. haywire05

haywire05 Well-Known Member

Has anybody had an issue with there range finder not ranging . Can only get it to go to about 150 yards . It is brand new only had for a month . It use to work out to about 500 yards could never get it to range farther use it for coyote hunting . Had 3 beauties in my sights today but the range finder would not pick them up . Changed the batteries etc . Read the manuel front to back but cant get it to work . Is this something I should send back to bushnell ? Any input would be great thanks . I paced out the coyotes today after the miss and they where at 600 yards should this unit not be able to pick up these coyotes at this range . thanks Jason

2. KQguy

KQguy Well-Known Member

I would snd it back an get it fixed.Mine will range tree's from 800 yds,houses from 1300+ yds,I am sure mine would range a coyote from 600.Good luck!

3. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i'd send it back. you've got nothing to loose. this particular model seems to have quite a different spectrum of capabilities.

4. haywire05

thanks guys that is what I was thinking I well send it back tommorow . Cant wait to be without a rangefinder again for who knows how many weeks .

5. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

Is it on archery mode? Mine will not read much past 150ish on archery mode but works great on the gun mode...

6. haywire05

no it is not on archery mode . checked several times .

7. Jared06

Jared06 Active Member

Mine will hit rocks to 700, larger rock outcrops to 900 when Im good and steady, I've had a few hook ups between 1k and 1200 on trees and such. I'd say it needs sent back. Positive mine would hit a coyote at 600 unless there was just a lot of sunshine or something working against it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  8. haywire05

the sun was out and I am wondering if the reflection off the snow is what is causing this unit to not work properly . any opinions .