Bushnell 6500 vs. Sightron SIII

adam330

Anybody have any info on either of these two scopes as to how they compair to one another?? Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Adam

what will you be using it for? you need 2.5x on the low end the bushnell tactical should be sweet. I got to compare one to Leupold vx3 and I thought the clarity and color contrast was better in the Bushnell. The sightron is up there though with the S3, but you are stuck with a 3-10 and 6-24 I beleive in the S3 line up. The nice thing about the new 6500 is exposed turrets, at least they are shown that way online. The 6500 I looked at had pull and click turrets under caps. They were clean and precise but not a tactical style turret. Sightron does not offer a tac turret yet, which would be interesting. I think the glass on both would be excellent for the money, resale is farily good on them too. If you do not need more than 60 MOA look at Nikon Monarch 4-16x42, excellent glass and coatings for half the price?gun)

I have a 2.5x16x50MM 6500. Its very nice glass. The dots on the S3 are way to big. The push pull Adjustment knob stuck on my Sunday. Had to carefully pry it up .Other then that I'm very happy and seriously considering buying another one.

I just got a sightron and the glass looks to be great but I cant compare it to the 6500 because I dont own one but I sure like the sightron

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.