Bushnell 3200 10x Tactical

Ian M

I just shot with five guys who want to get into long range shooting. Interestingly all six had the Bushnell tactical on their rifles.
We shot for two days, ranges from 100 yards out to 1000 and the Bushnells worked perfectly - not one hitch. They are a hell of an entry-level scope for anyone interested in longer range shooting.
They are so reasonably priced that some shooters doubt that they are for real - in my opinion they hang in there remarkably well with much more expensive scopes.

Only complaints we had - could use a bit more power for 1000, ,maybe 14-16 or so and also optics are a little soft around the edges. Excellent suggestion about upping the scope to the 4200 series, will suggest that to my friends at Bushnell, perhaps they will listen.
Anyhow, they are very good scopes - five guys and six 3200-10X scopes was what I meant in the initial paragraph.

I find this scope very intriguing, too. How did you find the absence of an objective adjustment on your scope. Did you experience parallax problems at any range?

No one seemed concerned about the lack of a parallax adjustment. The fellows fine-tuned the focus as required and let fly. Judging from the number of hits we had on 15" steel circular gongs the scopes were working fine.

Ian, bug Bushnell to make the same scope based on the 4200 optics. At their price point, they are going to give Nikon, Luppie and other European brands a lot of sleepless nights.

I love my Elite 10. Just wish it had 4200 type optics.

Jerry

By the way, Natchez supply has the bushnell 3200 10x tactical on sale now for $149.95 and get coupon for $99 free rain jacket.

just got mine and will be interesting wringing it out.

For $150 have not seen anything that comes close.

BH

Ian, was looking at an old Bushnell catalog from 1990. They did make a 4000 series 10X tactical scope so firing up the product should not be a big deal. It even had 120 min of elevation adj.

I have heard of those who have used this scope and were very impressed. With the new craze for "tactical" scopes, would be a great time to get back into the game.

A 30mm variable up to 16 or 24X would also be nice. Just tell them that Nikon is taking over their market. Might help.

Jerry

Jerry,
I believe that the scope you are referring to is the old B&L Tactical, it is a straight ten power but differs significantly from the current one. For starters it is on a 30mm tube, second it had superb glass in it to compete head to head with the Leupold MK4. Huge, excellent turrets. This scope has a great reputation and I believe it is still in demand by some tactical folk since many military units bought it.

I have one on a .300 Win. and would say that the optics and turrets are at least as good as my MK4 in ten power. Unfortunately one small feature hurt this scope a bunch, maybe enough to kill it sales-wise. Instead of a third turret a-la MK4, the parallax adjustment is done by twisting the eyepiece. This can throw the beloved Butler Creek flip-up scope cap wonky, and we just cannot have that happen. It is a pain in the butt when your scope cap hits the bolt or tang.

These were extremely high-end scopes, other than the parralax adj. boo-boo they are great and I use mine a lot. It is a grown-up 3200, just what you are asking for but I am afraid they were very expensive - very near or slightly over a thousand CDN dollars when they stopped selling them - that would be about 600+ U.S. dollars, maybe more as I have seen them on e-bay used for 750.
FYI

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.