bushnell 1600 rangefinder

I can see that one really important thing is being missed here. There are "reflective" and "non reflective" ratings for rangefinders. If they call it a 1600, chances are that is it's maximum distance and will be on a hard, reflective surface. On game or other soft targets one might expect to get a max reading of 1300 yards or so. I have not read Bushnell's literature on this, but I'm sure this info is there. I use a Bushnell Elite 1500 and have had it in terrible weather and it has been well used. It doesn't have all of the fancy internal features but it's simple and it just works. I have never had a problem with it, but I also know what is a reasonable expection of what it can/should do. On soft targets is will go 1200 to 1300 yards on an overcast day. On a bright sunny day 1000 to 1100. I'm sure the 1600 would be a great rangefinder if one knows what is a reasonable expectation of it.

Just to clarify the OP's original question. I believe he was asking for info on the 1600 arc rangefinder not the Bushnell fusion 1600 which is the binocular/rangefinder combo.

FWIW, I have read on other chat forums that the 1600 arc is very similar to the older 1500 units but with better rubber armour, updated ballistic technology and an upgrade in glass with rainguard.

I have used Bushnell rangefinders for years and have never had an issue with any. They are as good as it gets in their price range IMO especially if you buy the upper end like the 1500, 1600 1200, 1000. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and use it hard in the field.

The specs can be seen here.

Bushnell - Elite 1600 ARC [205110]

Ranging Performance
Rflctv. (yds.): 1600
Tree (yds.): 1000
Deer (yds.): 500
Accuracy (yds.): +/- 1

with the 1600 fusions, i have ranged out past 1800y on a grain tower.. 1700+ on a grass hillside and on trees...

watch this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drn2NCvcJMo]Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC - YouTube[/ame]

i have had the luppy 1000, the arc 1500 and the lieca 1200, the fusion 1600 DESTROYS all of them and for under 700, you cant beat it...

My bushnell 1000 yard ones have never been reliable in the cold. I always had to keep
them inside my shirt which is not comfortable. Down to 25 degrees was the highest temp
they failed at. Under 10 degrees they never worked. I would be interested to see if
the newer products are any different.

Those are factory specs. Everyone is interested in real world performance.

Yes, and the FACTORY states clearly that the limit on deer may only be 500 yards!
I suppose if you shoot trucks or grain elevators the numbers may be better :)

You may very well do better, but the FACTORY says 500 yards, and that is considerably less than 1,000... I don't have enough fingers and toes to tell you exactly how much less but it is a bunch :)

edge.

Yes, and the FACTORY states clearly that the limit on deer may only be 500 yards!
I suppose if you shoot trucks or grain elevators the numbers may be better :)

You may very well do better, but the FACTORY says 500 yards, and that is considerably less than 1,000... I don't have enough fingers and toes to tell you exactly how much less but it is a bunch :)

edge.

i ranged a 12x12 steel plate on that hill marked 1750

tvpv.jpg

this is it without the fog...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.