Burris XTS-25-75x70

muleyman

So I was looking to see if I could find a small, inexpensive, compact yet powerful spotting scope. I have a large one for the vehicle spotting but needed a lighter weight unit for walking around the mountains. After looking all over the web I started looking into this one. It had mixed reviews, some good, some bad and knowing Burris's recent quality control issues, however after finding it for $169.00, free shipping and a no questions asked return policy, I bought one. Once I got it and was able to look through it, I have to say I was entirely impressed with it. It is only about 10" long and very light. I looked out to around 500 yards, (furthest I can see at the house) and watched lizards doing push-ups on the rocks, and was able to see 7mm bullet holes on paper at 350-400, certainly good enough for spotting and field judging mule deer. I have not had a chance to really stretch it out yet, but at 500 yards, I still had enough power left on the knob that it would make it difficult to clearly focus on the lizards. Anyway, just wanted to pass on the experience with this spotter in case anyone was looking for a good bang for the buck buy.

That's weird... I had one of these for around 3 weeks and thought it was a total hunk of junk. judging prairie goats at 250 was impossible! .30 cal bullet holes at 100 yards was a challenge. Will never buy another burris product because of that.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.