Burris Tactical Rings?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Casey Napier, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Casey Napier

Casey Napier Well-Known Member

Hi everybody, I just found this forum the other day. Glad to be on board with people who like the same kind of stuff I do. I would like to have some of y'alls opinions on the Burris Tactical Rings. These rings are made of aluminum, and I have had trouble with aluminum rings in the past, but I am considering these because of the price. These rings have had some good things said about them on Midways customer replies. I am going to mount them(if I buy them) on a 7MM-UM, with Vias break, and Ken Ferall 1 piece base. They will be holding a 6.5-20x50 VX3. What do y'all think?

RidgeRooster

2. timl

timl Well-Known Member

I can't give you advice on them, but I have a pair that I will sell if you decide to use them. They are brand new, I decided to use a different scope. They are low. Let me know if you are interested.

3. demarpaint

demarpaint Well-Known Member

I currently have them on two rifles, and would not hesitate to use them on any of my other rifles waiting for scopes. For the price you can't beat them.

I have seen custom rings and mounts on other rifles, costing 2x to 3x more, from several different manufacturers. For the money I think the Burris Tactical Rings are the way to go!

JMO,
    Frank D

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I wrote a review of them - published VHP

I have them on all my 50 BMGs and most of my other guns.

Lap them and torque to 20 inch pounds.

[​IMG]