Burris Tactical Rings?

Casey Napier

Hi everybody, I just found this forum the other day. Glad to be on board with people who like the same kind of stuff I do. I would like to have some of y'alls opinions on the Burris Tactical Rings. These rings are made of aluminum, and I have had trouble with aluminum rings in the past, but I am considering these because of the price. These rings have had some good things said about them on Midways customer replies. I am going to mount them(if I buy them) on a 7MM-UM, with Vias break, and Ken Ferall 1 piece base. They will be holding a 6.5-20x50 VX3. What do y'all think?

RidgeRooster

I can't give you advice on them, but I have a pair that I will sell if you decide to use them. They are brand new, I decided to use a different scope. They are low. Let me know if you are interested.

I currently have them on two rifles, and would not hesitate to use them on any of my other rifles waiting for scopes. For the price you can't beat them.

I have seen custom rings and mounts on other rifles, costing 2x to 3x more, from several different manufacturers. For the money I think the Burris Tactical Rings are the way to go!

JMO,
Frank D

I wrote a review of them - published VHP

I have them on all my 50 BMGs and most of my other guns.

Lap them and torque to 20 inch pounds.

tacticalring4.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.