Burris signature rings and recoil ?

ol mike

Will the burris signature series [plastic inserts] hold up to the recoil of a rem sendero 300rum ?

I have them on three guns 2-22-250's and a 25-06 and they seem to be fine.I read where someone proclaimed they slipped under heavy recoil.Thanks Mike

I have the extra high Signature Zee rings on a 30-378 with a Leupold LRT on top. I have also used them on a skinny barreled 300 Ultra in the plastic stock mode, same type scope. But I do have a scope level mounted behind and slid up tight to the rear insert on most of my rifles, I guess you could call it an added level of insurance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Not a problem. Just torque 'em down.

After severe failure of other rings the Burris Sigs were recommended by those who should know. They were correct.

338 Win Mag/ 250gr bullets @ 2800 fps w/a Holland QD brake and 22oz scope. Rings held as I was told they would.

Am rebarreling to 338 RUM and will use the same scope and rings with confidence.

Again, torque 'em down. Gorilla tight......

I have mine set up with the 10 MOA inserts on a lightweight .35 Whelen and ZERO problems loaded to 2650fps launching a 225gr. bullet. Just torque 'em down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ol' Mike,

Make sure to degrease the inserts and rings and center the inserts properly in the rings. If you assemble these rings correctly, They will not fail you in any way even with MUCH more recoil then a 300 RUM can produce.

Kirby Allen(50)

UT Don (the optics dealer) reported them slipping on his hard kicking 338 Lapua with 300gr SMKs. Someone suggested Rosin and that solved the problem. I now use Rosin on all my Burris Sig rings (after I follow Kirby's advice and clean them).

Don wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
lightly dusted all the contact surfaces with powdered rosin, torqued the screws to 15 inch pounds. I just went to the range tonight and fired 30 rounds with absolutely ZERO slippage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burris/Rosin Thread

I knew i read that somewhere.

Will keep the cleaning in mind and i use the contact cement trick already.
Thanks for the help -Mike

I would also add.

You might want to switch out the flat head screw that tightens the rings to the base with an allen head or a torx head screw. There was(is) a guy over on benchrest central that has the screws to change them out. I don't beleive you can get them tight enough with the flat head screw.

I had a pair on my Lapua. I went to go shoot on a cold day.The rifle was in the heated truck on the drive. Took the rifle out and started shooting and notice that things were going squirely. The front ring had loosened and broke the bottom V off. I didn't have any slippage issues but do think the small amount of material at the V part of the ring that sits on the rail does move and contract. Good rings but wish they would just put a torx head screw with them instead of the flat head.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.