burris ring's

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Dead Beat, May 6, 2007.

1. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

burris ring\'s

im in the process of mounting a couple of scope's i normally use the luepold ring's and base's. just thought i would try the burris signiture ring's and base's . the one's with the plastic insert's are they any good im not to sure about them. one rifle is a heavy barrel 308 win. the other is a 223 heavy barrel are these ok or im just a little paranoid

DB

2. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Re: burris ring\'s

I have used the Burris Signature rings on everything from a .223 Rem heavy barrel up to a .300 Ultra Mag heavy barrel. I am quite pleased with the performance. No ring marks at all when changing scopes. No worries at all about the scope slipping in the rings under heavy reciol. These rings are rock solid.

3. thechamp

thechamp Well-Known Member

I started using Burris Signature rings a few years ago. Best invention yet as far as I'm concerned. I see people spend $100 or more on rings that will ruin scopes in a heartbeat. The Burris rings hold tight and do no leave nasty ring marks. I have them also on everything from 243s to a 300 Wby and a 300 Ultra Mag. I have never had to use the oddball inserts so I can't say that they work like advertised but never had a problem with the 0 ones. Sako Optilox have inserts also and they seem to work fine too. I wish more companies would use this method to protect your investment in good scopes.

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Make sure you degrease them very well, especially the threads on the screws and the threads in the rings.

5. philny1

philny1 Well-Known Member

Agree, use then on everyting I can. Plus the off set inserts are great when using double dove tails mounts which I use alot to eliminate the windage screws on the rear mount. Ya can pic up .040 if needed.

6. Ernie

Ernie <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I also use them on all of my specialty pistols.
    From 22-250AI to 7mm Dakota.

7. craigp40

craigp40 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the black sheep here, because I don't use them any longer. I think they are great once you get them set. They also don't leave marks on the scope. The problem I had is that it typically took me much longer to mount the scope straight using those rings. Every time I placed the scope in the insert where I thought it was straight, as soon as I tightened them, the reticle would get canted. Then, to straighten it you have to completely remove the scope from the inserts and reposition, unlike standard rings where you can simply loosen the screws and gently turn the scope or slide it forward or back. It's not impossible, but just a PITA. Aside from that, they work very well once you get them where you want them.

8. philny1

philny1 Well-Known Member

If canting is a problem, placing the inserts in a vertical position will solve this. I usually just snug them down, front or rear so they can't move. Then go ahead and lock tite one set at a time.

9. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

Bearless, I had Eaglet put them on the 338 RUM LH LSS I got from you. They worked great. Especially since it needed the .010 to be put in at 90 degrees for windage. Then he put the .020 in the other ring for a poor man's tapered base. I couldn't be happier with the setup.

10. Dead Beat

thanks for the replies guys ill give them a try one problem im having is i have to take them of and put them back on a few time's to get the the red dot om my accu-site bore siter to line up with the cross hair's with the laser dot or are they just settling in.thanks a bunch

JIM

11. VSSF

VSSF Well-Known Member

Go with the signatures.I've got em on everything,scopes are to expensive to mark up on the first shot.

12. Dead Beat

ok thank's a bunch ill get to range in about month and give them a try

Jim

13. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

I have nothing but good to say about the burris signature rings w/ offset inserts.
    I am able to stay in the middle of my clicks w/ them -supposedly where the scope is the brightest.
    Put 10 moa in a 22-250 amd 25-06 quite easily.
    I put a 5.5 x16.5 nikon monarch into a cheap set of millet rings -they have the lines around the scope for friction i guess --boy what friction -when i twisted the scope to get the cant set the rings tore huge amounts of paint off.
    How much did those bargain rings save me???
    They came on a gun i bought and i knew i should order somemore burris signature rings!BUT NO--I'd rather ruin a good scope...

14. Dead Beat

i guess i been working to much overtime i redid everything leveled the scope to the rifle re torqued the bases and ring's and low and behold it took about 3 clicks left and 4 clicks up to to get the red dot to line up.

i should get to the range in about a month and see how they shoot

thanks eveyrone JIM