Burris Posi align rings

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by cpttango30, Jun 13, 2010.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 Member

I am setting up my custom 308 for F-Class shooting here at Quantico MCB. I don't have the funds to get a custom made one piece 20moa base. So I am using the Burris posi align rings to start. I have the set of ring inserts that comes with +-5, +-10, +-20. If I wanted 25 moa of adjustment (Roughly) would I put the -20 on the front bottom +20 on top front then +5 bottom rear -5 top rear or would I do it just the opposite.

Picture of rifle.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  2. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

The inserts aren't in moa. there are too many variables, the distance between the rings isn't the same from gun to gun... But the way your describing will move the scope in the direction your wanting to go.

3. VSSF

VSSF Well-Known Member

Brett, Drop the front and raise the back. Then let me know when you wanna go shoot it.

4. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

+1...plenty of guys on here that shoot at Quantico. Send me a PM when you're headed out and maybe we can meet up.

Although my 308 is not at the smith being converted to a 260, here's the thread I wrote. it includes the Burris Signature Rings

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-308-1k-rifle-evolution-continues-43510/

Actually, I use the Burris Signature rings on all my rifles.