Burris Landmark 15-45x60mm quick Q?

crowsnest2002

I have the opportunity to pick two of these up online at a cut price of $200. Yeah thats right $200. Does this sound fishy to you? I know they are retailing around $170 new a piece. What do you guys think. Also anyone on here use them and how would you rate it?

I love Burris' riflescopes and prefer them over anything else that I can currently afford. That being said.....I do not like their spotting scopes very much. I had a Landmark compact that was great for backpacking and spotting up to 5 or 600 yards in bright daylight but I felt it didn't have the clarity to really do any better than that. My friend has the scope you are asking about and for the money (he paid around $200) he is very happy with it. He is able to spot things quite well through it and is able to use it for extended glassing sessions without any real eye fatigue or headache.

When I look through it I find the image a little dark and not super crisp. For the money I don't know what else compares to it. For a first time spotter if you're scoring them for $100 a piece it's a good deal....just realize it's not going to knock your socks off like the high end spotters will. I don't know where you live but most the sporting goods stores around here have the scope in stock and you could look through it before you buy them.

Thanks for the info. I dont really have a sporting good store around here that carries merchandise like that. I guess you are right though, for $100 a piece I can still sell the other one and get a decent backpacking spotting scope that I wont have to worry about breaking.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.