Burris fullfield II ?

cmillett79

Im considering mounting one of these on my soon to be built LR rig . I am looking real hard at their tactical series. They look like a good bargan for the price.Just want some feed back .

Thanks,
Craig

Burris Fullfield II

Which model ? 1" tube or their 30mm tube? Remember these Burris are not made in the USA they are produced in the Phillipines but still carry the forever warranty. The price range that they are in you should also look at Nikon , Falcon optics Menace 4-14x44 FFP and the likes as there are quite a bit of choices & options for you to choose from.
Good Luck.

gun)

Burris Fullfield II scopes are very good scopes for the money. They had some quality control issues about 5-6 months ago, but since then have fixed the problem. We have not seen any issues with these scopes for the last 3-4 months. I would recommend one.

They've had QC issues on and off for the last 3-4 years. They need new managers, owners, corporate philosophy, whatever.

I haven't, and won't, stock Burris until they show me some game. They're too many better options out there.

Scott

**** ! Now I am torn all up on this.

My limit is $500 on some glass on my LR rig , what do you all suggest ?

I have a FFII 3-9x40 that I had to send back to Burris b/c it wouldn't wouldn't hold a grouping. They sent it back fixed within the same week. Although they have great customer service, I can't get behind any more of their products (I have two of their scopes and neither impress me). For the money, I would have to look at Nikon or spend a little more and go Leupold. As for me, I'll never buy another Burris as the resolution in their scopes just isn't there.

I would keep saving and buy more scope.
I have a Burris 2x7 handgun scope (bought used with a T/C Contender barrel) that has loose turrets. I sent it back to the factory on 7/21 and called 7/31 to make sure they got it. (Before I sent it in, I called Burris Customer Service and was told I didn't need a RMA#, send it in with a letter explaining what the problem is). The woman in CS told me that there were many boxes to go through yet and to call the following day. I called again on 8/1 and spoke with a man in CS who said that there were still a couple dozen boxes that needed to checked in. He assured me that my scope was among those still not checked in and should be on the log by Monday, 8/4.
Once I am logged, it will be a 2-3 week turnaround for repair.

All I can say is that you can't beat the service from Leupold. That is the scope I would recommend you look at. You can get some great deals from some of the guys here.

JD338

Thanks for the advice people.

I am a die hard Leupold and Nikon man myself.95% of my rifles wear either one of the 2.

I guess the saying " To good to be true" could be to the Burris scope I was looking at.

**** it , it would have went very well with the HS HTR w/olive/black web 300 win mag I have in the works.

To be perfectly fair, I don't sell them, so if Jon at the Optic Zone says they should be fine now, they probably are. I was just voicing my opinion.

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.