??? Burris Euro Diamond & IOR Valdada Scopes

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by DB Bill, Apr 9, 2006.

1. DB Bill

DB Bill Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with these? Looking at something on the order of 2.5-10x42mm to stick on a calling for coyotes.

Prices are fairly close and they are both 30mm but Burris has a lighted reticle while the IOR only has a lighted reticle on their tactical model.

The other scope I've been looking at is a Zeiss Conquest in 3.5-10x44mm....a 1" scope.

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I have never looked through the Euro Diamond but can tell you the IOR is some quality glass.
    I have a Burris Full Field II with the LRS and I like it , its not so bright that it blinds you and it not a big dot that covers the target. Its a fairly bright scope for the money I woulden't compair it to a VX-III leo but its pretty bright and clear.
    The IOR on the other hand is way brighter and much ore clear than any scope in the price range.
    Honestly I can't realy justify the LRS in the Burris I own , the price was great so I got it. I don't ever use it as most of the time if its dark enough to need the lit retical its to dark to see the target anyhow

3. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

DB, have you looked at the Nikon tactical 2.5x10x44? It's a 30 mm tube and the glass is almost as good as the Conquest. I think there is someone selling them here in the buy,sell,trade section for around $575. Just to add to the confusion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Bob S.

Bob S. Well-Known Member

I have the 2.5x10x42 lighted reticle IOR and I love it. Its the best scope I have owned so far and have been a leupy fan forever. I have never used a NF,USO,S&B so I can't compare. I have used the nikon,sightron,leupy,tasco,weaver,burris,redfield, and a couple other low end scopes and can say without reservation I love my IOR. I will purchase another one in the future.