Discussion in 'Product Reviews - Discussion' started by ADMIN, Nov 12, 2011.

Burris Eliminator Laserscope Review

1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Burris Eliminator Laserscope Review, By Ernie Bishop. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  2. Natman

Natman Member

Does the Burris eliminator scope have adequate eye relief for a .300 weatherby.

3. Buttermilk

Buttermilk Well-Known Member

I see Burris is coming out with an updated version of the Eliminator.

Be interested in seeing how this version compares to the older one.

Regards
    Rog

4. TXshooter

TXshooter Well-Known Member

I know it's not quite the weatherby but I shoot this on a 300 win mag and it's no problem more than enough I don't see why it wouldn't work on the weatherby. Love this scope by the way.

5. springcitydoc

springcitydoc Member

I was watching the burris interview at the shootin' show pertaining to the Eliminator, they were introducing the new 2012 model 4-16x50 scope which I love and Burris upgraded the 4-12x42 model so you are able to range in "any" power now. That is one upgrade I really like.

6. springcitydoc

springcitydoc Member

I was watching the burris interview at the shootin' show pertaining to the Eliminator, they were introducing the new 2012 models 4-16x50 scope which I love and Burris upgraded the 4-12x40 or is it 42 model?, anyway Burris biggest change is the capability to range in "any" power now. That is one upgrade I really like. That is the only reason I held off buying one. Given that the Burris scope have two functions and with the 4-12x42 listing for $799 and the 4-16x50 is $1499. I consider these pair of scopes to be very reasonably priced. What do you all think?

7. Rupe

Rupe Well-Known Member

I know this is an old post but to answer your question. Not in my life time. I can not justify spending over $1400.00 on a scope. As much as I like this Burris, I just can't afford it. What a bummer! But I would gladly except one as a gift! :D
    Rupe

8. 8311950

8311950 New Member

I just got a eliminator 3 and put it on a 22-250 savage just to see how it worked. It was very easy to set up and it took 5 shots to zearo it at 100 yds. I shot 500 yds and was 2" from bullseye, 400 yds I was 1", 300 yds lower corner of bullseye, 200 yds bullseye, 150 yds bullseye and 100 yds bullseye. Yesterday it was in the high 60's in Maryland and I took it groundhog hunting. Shot one at 230 yds and one at 411 yds. It worked fine but on a hog at 411 yds the red dot covered the ground hogs body but still worked. I am going to put it on my 338 Lapua for crop damage for latter in the year but I want to get use to it before I shot a deer out to 900 yds. Has anyone used this scope for long range deer?

9. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

Looking seriously at this scope but have two Q's:
    How is it mounted securely? and
    Is the max drop internal calculation set at 500 yards?

Laus Deo
    overbore

10. overbore

Cheated and went to the Burris Optics home page where that is tons of great info. Mounting must be to a one or two pc rail mount. They claim yardage out to 1,200 but it requires a drop chart as th aiming dot will not get us there. Wind must be measured then corrected by means of a Mil Dot Master.
    If there are ample Joe Hunter positive reports it looks good but durability is an open issue for me.

overbore

11. overbore

Scope body is 30mm but no scope level device can be fitted to it; however, a Weaver style rail mount level does fit and is ordered.Since I am using Berger 190gr bullets, their homepage ballistics calculator helps get the 750 yard drop data needed to program this good scope.
    overbore

12. 8311950

8311950 New Member

I have set it up on my 338 Lapua savage for crop damage and i can shoot out to 1156 yds with the ballistics on my bullet. I kept one on my 22-250 and it works great. I also put a 3-10x44 eliminator 2 on my savage muzzle loader and it shoots out to 328 yds. They have been good to me!!

13. overbore

That is what I call real world field tests. What figure did you use for scope height . 1.5" or ????
    overbore

14. overbore

The forum has listed me as a silver member; however, I should be called a metallic member as I have silver in my hair, gold in my teeth an lead in my ass etts.
    overbore