Burris 6-24x50 Xtreme Tactical ?

kidcoltoutlaw

Has anybody tried this scope ? Does anybody know where there is a review on it ? I want it for long range shooting and it has 1 MOA per click and 50 MOA per turn and that is what I like about it but is the quality there ?

Thanks,Keith

My experence with Burris scopes has been very good.

here is an address that might answer some of your questions.

Burris - XTR.

The 6x24x50 has all of the good stuff ( 30 mm tube with side focus,
posi lock,mil dot or ballistic mil dot and a stronger/heaver scope tube).

I recently installed a Burris on my 416 Buff and found the turrets dead
on and the posi lock has held the zero on in spite of recoil (60 ftlbs)
and around 200 rounds.

Thats about all I know about this scope.
J E CUSTOM

Hello I am new to the forum and just getting in to the longer range shooting. I bought a 6x24 XTR and have had good feeling about it so far, The knobs are very large and click fairly well without being too tight. The optics are very good for the price IMO. The scope seems very well built and is a little hefty but most Burris scopes seem heavy to me. Mine has the ballistic mildot reticle which has a variety of calibers you can use with it, mainly its set up for a 300 winmag shooting a 190 smk or a 22-250. I use my knobs to dial in changes as this is what works best for me so far. The 1 Moa clicks make it easy if you have a ballistic program to work from or know what you gun shoots at each MOA. Overall I am very happy with the scope. As I said I am new to the longer range stuff and this scope was a huge improvement over what I had been shooting at much closer ranges. Do you have specifics you are looking for in this scope maybe I can help answer some questins I didn't cover. Hope this helps.
DCS

I should have mentioned I have it on a 300 win mag and it repeats or comes back to zero. The posi lock is not actually a lock on this scope but it is a pocket or small tube that fits a coil type spring where the lock button would normally have been. It looks like the lock but is just the housing for the spring.

DCS

that must be for close tactical shooting as 1 M.O.A. works out to every click at 400 yards to be 4"+ way too course for my guns accuracy. Why would a varmint hunter want that course of adj? Me I am looking for 1/8moa on mine. Can somebody help me out here ?

i have a xtr 6-24 power scope on my remington 700 300rum 1 inch ajustments are vary accerate and go right back to zero every time. i think the scope is better the my leopold mark 4 6.5 to 20 power

The question...

I am puzzled why Burris would use IPHY (inches per hundred yards) instead of MOA (minute of angle).

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.