Burris 6-24x50 xtr lr on sale

I wonder if they will notice that they are selling these scopes for ~$300 under what they cost during the inventory repleneshment process.

I wonder if they will notice that they are selling these scopes for ~$300 under what they cost during the inventory repleneshment process.

You wouldn't believe the profit they make on sporting goods.

I've heard upwards of 400%

Do you know what the wholesale cost of that scope is?
I don't.

I have been involved for years with a couple of different companies in a pricing/profit control position.

At one point I heard somewhere that Burris offers certain customers or employees of customers a 70% discount on one Burris product per year. MSRP on these scopes is ~$1,600 at 70% discount, and assuming that this deal for certain customers is at cost, leaves about the amount that these sold for on Amazon.

I guess maybe this amazon dealer has a very good deal on optics.

It is crazy some of the margins that are on these products, but some of these products have crazy low volumes also.

This scope, by Burris, and with a $1K plus selling price is probably only produced once every year or two.

Did anyone else get a cancellation of their order today?

I got an identical email to the one JPayne posted yesterday, but today I got another email cancelling my order. I guess it was to good to be true...

I received the same cancelation e-mail.

My guess is that the decision was $ related.

Oh, Well

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.