Burris 2x7 handgun scope ?

I have sen the 2-7x Burris in use on a nice specialty pistol--a custom Sav. Striker 260, and it just fit that handgun perfectly.

Bt i have seen and used a number of handgun scopes on SP's, and my 2 favorites are the 3-12x Burris and the 2.5-8x Nikon.

The 3-12x can be cranked down to 7x, but of course the 2-7 can't be cranked to 12x--sometimes an issue for longer ranges.

But the 2.5-8 Nikon is the best deal going, IMO at only ~200$, and it comes with a ballistic reticle and low profile target turret. I think it's the best non-AO long-range handgun scope on the market these days (relative to my experience)--and i have used the 2-7x on my buddies SS noted above whilst developing loads with it.

I have used the Burris 2-7 on a load of handguns ranging from revolvers in 357 Mag, 44 Mag, 454 Casull, 50 AE and specialty single shot handguns in 270 Win, 7mm-08, 6.5mm WSM, 338 WSM and they have always held up great for me. They are handgun scopes however, they give up alot of light when it gets to dusk or right before done. You generally give up 20 minutes of shooting time at both ends of the day, if your shooting into the sun, you will loose more then that but thats true with any handgun scope.

As handgun scopes go, this is a pretty good one. Now that said, I have not used a new one within the past few years. All of mine are at least 6 years old and there have been some changes at Burris, can not say the quality has changed but I have noticed some changes in some of their rifle scopes.....

Kirby....

I believe yours and mine are the older style with the Japanese glass. I was told by someone a while ago that the newer ones have different glass.

Mine gets punsihed pretty hard on the 44 Magnum and it holds true.

I have a Burris 2-7 on an Encore 17.5 barrel in 300 Win. Mag. barrel. Its been a very good scope, been on that barrel for about 3 yrs and no problems.

Rafe

The Burris 2x-7x scope has got to be one of the best scopes on the market. For medium range setups and closer, it would be hard to beat.

I have owned a few of them in the past. I plan to put one on one of my XP-100 7BR pistols soon (currently has a Burris 3x-12x).

The 2x-7x with Ballistic Plex is a good match for the 7BR. The 3x-12x Ballistic Plex reticle doesn't match up nearly as good.

I have two 3x-12x Burris scopes, one is the older version, and one is a newer version made in the Philipines. When I compared the two side by side after dark, I was surprised to see the newer Philipines made version was much clearer and brighter. Enough so that I could make out a license plate with it while my older model only let me get half the plate.

Even daylight viewing shows the Philipines model having better optical quality.

Certainly surprised me.

The newer model has a different colored coating on the ocular lens. The Philipines model has a rosé color tint to the ocular lens while my older model has a green colored tint.

Regards,
Rog

Mine (the older Japanese one) is about to find a new home on an even harder recoiling pistol, a CVA inline 50 cal pistol.

I'm sure it will do just fine.

Gonna have to have a gander at the newer ones and see if the glass is better. Whatever way you go, they are a darn good reasonably priced pistol scope. I just wish they came in gloss black.

I have one on a 6" Ruger GP 100. It has held up great and zero has not changed in over a year and a half. I use it deer hunting and carry it in my backpack to the stand.

I have had a 2x7 Burris on my Dan Wesson 445 Supper Mag. with 10" barrel for over 20 years. I have killed about 15 whitetail Bucks with it. GREAT SCOPE

I have only owned one Burris 2-7x scope. Its on my 22-250 encore pistol, fits great. I love it so far. The only complaint I have had was late one evening I had a deer at about 300 yards and couldn't see anything with it turned up. And it was too small in low light backed down to where I could see through it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.