Bullseyecamera Target Camera system

I guess I need to try to contact them. We purchased one of the "1000 Yard" editions, at the beginning of this year for our private range. The software works quit well when you can obtain a signal, and the background of the target has good contrast.

However, we could not get the camera to work at any range close to 1000 yards in an open field with straight line of sight to the camera. The most consistent yardage that we can use it at is about 600 yards. Anything after that distance is sketchy with the signal fluctuating wildly and locking up the software.

We have tried using the camera multiple times in the last few months and have been disappointed in the distance it will work within. I will call the
manufacturer and see what "tips" they can provide to make the system work as claimed. I don't think we should have to purchase upgrades to make a advertised 1000 yard system work at a 1000 yards.

I guess I need to try to contact them. We purchased one of the "1000 Yard" editions, at the beginning of this year for our private range. The software works quit well when you can obtain a signal, and the background of the target has good contrast.

However, we could not get the camera to work at any range close to 1000 yards in an open field with straight line of sight to the camera. The most consistent yardage that we can use it at is about 600 yards. Anything after that distance is sketchy with the signal fluctuating wildly and locking up the software.

We have tried using the camera multiple times in the last few months and have been disappointed in the distance it will work within. I will call the
manufacturer and see what "tips" they can provide to make the system work as claimed. I don't think we should have to purchase upgrades to make a advertised 1000 yard system work at a 1000 yards.

Please contact our office 541-357-7035, ask for Gary - we will swap you with one of our version 2 kits that has a different antenna and single battery - we will call tag your existing kit so you won't incur any charges.

We use our Long Range Edition out past 1000 yards all the time - when we were out with the Best of the West guys, we had it at 1600 yards with 50% signal.

You should have to purchase NO upgrades to hit 1000 yards with without issue. The upgrades we have are the YAGI antenna upgrade for use where there are signal issues i.e. power lines, iron in the ground, etc. and for those shooting past 1 mile.

Things to consider if you have signal issues are :

1. Make sure you have true line of sight between the router to the laptop. Don't raise the antenna up thinking that will have better signal as often that shoots the signal over the head of the laptop and you will have worse signal.

2. Make sure there are no power lines or other forms of interference near by - that can hamper the WiFi signal.

Please give us a call and we'll take care of you no problem. We have thousands of these out in the field using them at distances of 1000 yards and beyond.

Just a quick update. I called Bullseye Camera and spoke with Scott. Very quick to answer and very helpful. Bullseye is sending out a complete new replacement system and we in turn send them back the system we now have.

I call that pretty good customer service. Thanks Scott :)

I will keep everyone informed how the new system works at 1000 yards.

This post is to amend my earlier very critical post about this system. I WAS WRONG-IT'S A GREAT SYSTEM under the right conditions! Once I got with Gary at Bullseye and discussed my 800 yd shooting environment here in SE Georgia, I did a test at another range at 100yds. The failure of the system at the 800 yd range was a result of very low signal strength(ss) due to high voltage power lines about 120 yds behind and parallel to the shooting line which run alongside the highway. The software will not work properly at a signal strength of 20 which existed there when shooting 600yds. The rubber duck antenna for the router has a vertical polarization pattern that resembles a flattened donut. At the 100 yd test site I was getting excellent results at 80 ss but could not get it any higher even by using a 9db rubber duck antenna and wireless adapter(purchased from L-com.com) on my laptop or even a 2.4 GHz 15 dBi Die Cast Mini-Reflector Grid Antenna which is very directional. When I raised the router antenna at the target a mere foot higher the ss increased to max at 99! It remains to be seen if I will be able to overcome the powerline problem at the 800yd range by using these other techniques-it is 100 miles away and the only 800 yd range within 250 miles of my home. This is a great product and since I usually shoot alone at long range, a real blessing. When I can return to the long range I will provide another update. BELIEVE THE HYPE-I NOW DO!

This post is to amend my earlier very critical post about this system. I WAS WRONG-IT'S A GREAT SYSTEM under the right conditions! Once I got with Gary at Bullseye and discussed my 800 yd shooting environment here in SE Georgia, I did a test at another range at 100yds. The failure of the system at the 800 yd range was a result of very low signal strength(ss) due to high voltage power lines about 120 yds behind and parallel to the shooting line which run alongside the highway. The software will not work properly at a signal strength of 20 which existed there when shooting 600yds. The rubber duck antenna for the router has a vertical polarization pattern that resembles a flattened donut. At the 100 yd test site I was getting excellent results at 80 ss but could not get it any higher even by using a 9db rubber duck antenna and wireless adapter(purchased from L-com.com) on my laptop or even a 2.4 GHz 15 dBi Die Cast Mini-Reflector Grid Antenna which is very directional. When I raised the router antenna at the target a mere foot higher the ss increased to max at 99! It remains to be seen if I will be able to overcome the powerline problem at the 800yd range by using these other techniques-it is 100 miles away and the only 800 yd range within 250 miles of my home. This is a great product and since I usually shoot alone at long range, a real blessing. When I can return to the long range I will provide another update. BELIEVE THE HYPE-I NOW DO!

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Nice to see guys set the record straight. Also sounds like they really dug into your issue. gun)

We are pleased to announce the upcoming version 2.0 of the Bullseye Target Manager Software.

We have added many user requested features. If you own a Bullseye Camera System and would like to test this pre-release please e-mail [email protected].

IMGVersion2Prerelease.png

We have many other updates planned shortly, so if your requested feature is not included in this release, we will do our best to include it in a future release.

Version 2.0 Pre-Release

Live Video Mode
See your target in real-time with streaming video. You may press the space bar at any time to capture the image and see your last shot, or group of shots blinking. The live video streaming mode provides the best of both worlds - instant feed back and the ability to capture images/shots.

Data Overlay
Show data regarding the shot such as firearm, ammunition, location, distance and time right on the target as you shoot.

Shot Review
Review previous shots or groups of shots to analyze your performance.

Load and Review Previous Sessions
After you are done with your shooting session, you may review all saved sessions at any time to make notes and analyze performance.

Mark Favorite Shots and Shot Notes
Place markers on shots or groups that are of particular interest. You may also add text notes.

Save/Export Image
Save/Export your shot images for later review, e-mailing or posting online.

Full Screen Target View
Switch to full screen view for a larger view of the target.

Mark Multiple Shots and Shot Numbering
Easily mark multiple shots and number the shots to see shot order.

See what others are saying about the Bullseye Camera System:
Bullseye Camera Systems Review - Testimonials and Reviews

We are also now offering our optional 2-Year Down Range Protection Plan

Under our 2-year Downrange Protection Plan Limited Warranty we will replace or repair any of the Bullseye Camera Systems down range equipment (covering camera, tripod, router, booster, antenna, battery and box) if the equipment is damaged during use, even if the damage is caused by a projectile, for a period of 24 months after the date of your purchase.

Simply send your damaged equipment back within the 24 month period, with a brief description of what was damaged and how the damage occurred, and we will replace or repair the damaged equipment (at our discretion), and promptly ship the replacement or repaired equipment back to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.