Bullseyecamera Target Camera system

So thats a wifi camera going to the wireless router which you connet to with a laptop? Will the software accomodate more than one camera?

Pm me a link to where I can purchase one online I am willing to give it a try. I get tired of driving to the target and plan on having AC current near enough to run an extension cord very soon.

So thats a wifi camera going to the wireless router which you connet to with a laptop? Will the software accomodate more than one camera?

That is planned and in development - it may not be in the initial release but will be available shortly. All software updates are free of charge.

We have been asked how the system works on steel targets so we went out to the Big K Guest Ranch in Elkton, OR and did a little demonstration video.

There is a little glare on the video since we just shot it real-time as we were shooting. Our shooter today was Bruce Bangeman the 2011 NBRSA 1000 yard champion shooting a 6mm rifle.

We painted the target white prior to the shoot so the software could see the impacted points. The steel swings a bit so we let it settle down for a few seconds so the software could recognize the shot. If the steel was held on the bottom or sides to prevent the free swinging the time to see the shot would be greatly reduced.

Here is a link to the youtube video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS8ETMpw9is]Bullseye Camera Systems - Shooting Steel with Bruce Bangeman - YouTube[/ame]

Price seems quite high, but being a business I understand overhead and such.

I built my own for around $325, it's a little more cumbersome but it works well past 1000 yds and is good enough for what I need.

Do not be fooled by the hype! I was and bought the 1000YD edition. It does not work as claimed. I fired 30 shots on target at a regulation NRA 600yd 37x37 target using my 6mmBR in 8-10 mph cross wind conditions. All where hits in or near the bull. It did not show any of the hits as blinking and you could not make out the hits on the brown paper. After putting some black n-c glow dots over some of the hits and shooting again, it did show where I hit the glow dot which, of course I could easily see with my spotting scope. It may work if you use the n-c glow targets but your spotting scope will pick those up. Furthermore, the software is quirky and I never got more than 5 shots on target(which I could not see on the laptop screen) before I had to restart the app. At 600yds in an open field with nothing around the signal strength was 20% so there was no way I could get to 1000yds. The case is flimsy but the cutouts for the components are nice. The individual components are fairly cheap off the shelf on internet. The support is non-existent as there is no phone # and they do not answer e-mails. It is a great concept but the software and hardware need a lot of work

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.