Bullets

thocon

At what distence do the high end bullets pay off?Like Lost river j36.From what ive seen on paper they have the best B.C..also Nosler seams to be following with their J4.But still the noslers are cheap compared to the j36????

tho,
The reason the Lost Rivers are so much coin is because they are a solid copper bullet that is turned on a lathe to a fine tip that will almost draw blood if you push on it hard enough. They are also a totally different alloy of copper than the Nosler J4's. Barrel makers say that you have to have a barrel made to shoot the LRB's and I'm not talking about the throating of the barrel. I'm talking about the riflings themself and what angle and leade they are made.
Yes, they have ultra high bc's, but if you have your barrel made to shoot them, and your gun doesn't really like them, then you're screwed! That is why you don't see anybody on the 1000 yard firing line shooting them. Buy a j4 (Nolser j4, Berger, Cart', or JLK) or Sierra and don't look back. As for your other question, A quality bullet will pay off every inch it travels over a cheap bullet. Buy well once!

tho

Give Richard Graves a call or email.

[email protected] or 780-352-8592.

Don't waste another brain cell on the Lost river. To me i like to think their name has a true meaning.

Anyways Richard is one hell of a guy. You only plan on talking for 5-10minutes and when you get off the phone it is a half hour to 1 hour.

In thread 1400 yard group i was shooting Richards bullets for the first time. I had heard about him for awhile and put off trying his bullets because i had 500 sierra's. Finally called him and had some bullets on their way. First time shooting these bullets and am very impressed and just got off the phone with him and will be haveing more of his bullets coming when his die comes in.

I know Kirby is a big fan of Richards and so am i now. He is a hell of a guy and will listen and make what ever you want. Bonded,match,hunting high B.C. bullets.

I won't be buying Sierra's again.

Well you just saved me some money and alot of time.I know my slug gun likes Winchester supreme sabots,lead ones.It will cut one egged hole at 100y as long as you put them through it.others won't hit in the same ring 2 out of 10.Thanks YE"OL GROOP.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.