Bullet test 5 top premium LR 308 bullets

This is true, but would the comparison not be closer to apples to apples if the test weights were closer? Especially when the companies tested have closer offerings? If we took a poll of Berger 30 cal hunters, and the weights used , would the 190 even be worth counting?

Just some thoughts.

Jeff

True but the construction and design don't vary much with weight. We're talking about less than 10% of the weight difference.

I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in terminal performance between different weights of any of the bullets I've shot with similar impact velocities, at least not that I've noticed.

I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in terminal performance between different weights of any of the bullets I've shot with similar impact velocities

Really, wow, Well I sure have. Especially among the same .308 caliber. The test data in this test is centered on the exact distance where we kill 90% of the management elk. I wont be loading any 180 or 190's for my use.

Jeff

It is what it is, given the bullets fired. Nothing more.

Seems to have at least two factual errors noted already. The Nosler standard Accubond being labeled Accubond Long Range. And the Hornady expanded bullet be labeled as 0% expansion.

I can't get too worked up one way or the other. With errors this basic and elementary, I'm dubious about reaching any firm conclusions. Interesting to look at the picture and text, but not a lot to bank on.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.