Bullet selection question

I will have to take a look at them.

So out of curiousity, for the guys who are shooting long range, is there anybody really shooting anything besides Berger's? Is there really any other option that lies between the 160-170gr option?

Also, I have been shooting these 162gr spire point Interlock Hornady's with a BC of .514. Is that "enough" so to speak BC to shoot deer at the ranges I am interested? Obviously, the more BC, the better of course. Just curious if it is worth the fuss to switch loads and rework everything if I have a load that performs well and will be "efficient enough," for lack of better explanation, to shoot animals in the ranges I am interested?

Thanks for all your help.
I've had one shot kills on critters as small as bobcats at 1,000yds plus with both the 154gr 7mm .525BC Interbond, and the 180gr 30 cal Swift Sirocco II BC .520.

I've also used those bullets at under 200yds on deer and not had them explode even shooting through both shoulders.

Both have performed equally well for me on big hogs at all ranges as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.