Bullet seating depth 95gr.VLD

Greg Duerr

Well as much as I had planned on shooting the 95gr. Berger out of my .243 AI there is no way that will happend.
After measuring the bullet to the lands with the Sinclair bullet seating tool, it shows that even with the bare minimum of bullet hold Im still .173 away from the lands, so .173 would be as close as I could get to the lands.
So im starting over with the 90gr Nosler Balistic Tip, which I can seat out to touch the lands..................................I did however find two lbs of H4831 SC to try.
Its was funny that the store only allowes two cans of powder per customer. After taking it out to the truck I came back found another saleman and bought two lbs of Varget that had just come in . The store has a list of powder that they have on had. It is usually all gone that day so each night after work I stop off to check and see what has come in. Friday afternoon I just happened to get there when a shipment had just come in. They had one 8lb can of IMR 4831 and I was so tempted to buy that, but would have a hard time explaining that to the wife....................:cool:
I dont think that this powder scare will be over soon, as Obama is not going to let up until he has eliminated the second admendment. Im planning of buying what ever I can find even if I dont have any use for it right now.................someone I know will.
I found 8lbs of H4350 two weeks ago and now with 2 lbs of H4831 I have a better chance of finding that magic formual ................................

Greg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.